Sunday, July 19, 2009

Yumminess

So after the disappointment of Coburg Golden Years, I decided to salvage my day by going with my family to Detering Orchards where I picked out delicious raspberries, plums, nectarines, and peaches.

My fiance, Nick, and I then went to his parent's house where they promptly added to our haul with home grown zucchini, green beans, and beets (as well as some smoked salmon which I only mention as an aside because I hate fish. I'm sure the majority of you think I'm crazy at this point). Lucky for us, his mother had just finished making homemade bread and so we each got a slice. Mmm... I have never made bread before but am very eager to do so. Knowing this, his mother loaned me a book on how to make bread (without the use of a bread machine) in five minutes a day. I am going to be experimenting with it in the next couple of weeks so stay tuned. In the meantime, I have to figure out what I'm going to make with all this delicious fresh produce.

1 comment: