Thursday, July 30, 2009

So you think you can dance!?

With my wedding day looming (46 days away and counting) and my dress currently being altered into a slightly-tighter-than-skin-tight-won't-be-able-to-get-on-without-the-corset-or-the-jaws-of-life version of my dream gown, I've been having weight anxieties. What's a girl to do? Dance of course!

I've been exercising every day. I used to be more obsessive about keeping a strict exercise program (cardio 3-5 times a week for at least 45 minutes, weight training 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes, and some sort of extensive stretching exercise (ie pilates) at least once a week for flexibility). But I never really lasted on such a program. I could make it work for 1-2 weeks tops. Now, I just try to get 30 minutes of some form of exercise in to keep the guilt away. Lately, I've been very in to dancing. There are three forms of dancing that I really love and practice regularly. My favorite is probably ballet but I don't do it very often because I've only taken a couple classes in high school and only have a few ballet based workout videos, my second form of dance is bellydancing, and my third is pole dancing! That's right, there is a stripper pole at my house. I suck at it because I just started doing it a few months ago but it is so much fun and I'm amazed at what it has done for my arms.


Anyways, if you ever get a chance to take a pole dancing class I highly recommend it. Don't be shy. Think of it as vertical gymnastics. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment