Thursday, July 30, 2009

Weddings galore

My sister's wedding is in two days and I am thrilled! Okay, truth be told there has been a lot of drama associated with her wedding. First, she got engaged four months after me but chose to have her wedding one month before my wedding. I'll be honest, that irked the crap out of me at first. I felt like she was stealing my thunder but I quickly got over it because of drama reason number two which is...(drum roll please) it's her fourth wedding. But nothing compares to the last piece of drama. She's not even officially divorced from husband number three. So, you may be asking yourself, how is she getting married in two days? Well, technically she isn't. But she is having a wedding in two days with paperwork to follow. I'm still very excited because it should be a fun party and I really like my fourth soon-to-be brother-in-law. He's good people.

Anywho, back to the reason for this post. My sister is having a multi-colored citrus themed potluck wedding. So, I gave a lot of thought to what I should make to go with the wedding theme and after careful deliberation I decided to make layered jello. It's easy, can be made in advance, and is definitely colorful. I'm very happy with the finished product.



For finishing touches I plan on adding some whipped cream to the top and a cherry (with stem, of course). I was planning on having another layer of cherry jello but I ran out of room. Oh well, it's still plenty colorful. And, although gifts are not required for aforementioned reasons, I got my sister a beautiful picture frame, photo album (which I added a picture of the two of them to) and a bottle of wine.

It's funny how this whole event is making me feel so grown up. I believe this is the first of my sister's weddings that I have picked out a gift and purchased it with my own money (a task that normally would have been handed down to my mother) and I even made a side dish. It's such a small thing, I know, but it is a reminder that I am fully in charge of my own life. What a great feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that’s just fantastic. Planning a rainbow themed wedding for my sister. Just found most beautiful San Francisco wedding venues for perfect rainbow ceremony. Will book best venue from Eventup.com because they offer most of services themselves and at really very low prices.

    ReplyDelete