Saturday, August 8, 2009

Here On Earth by Alice Hoffman

I am in love. Okay, I was already in love but now Nick has some competition. A few months ago, Nick and I decided to take a trip to Bandon, OR because his Aunt and Uncle own a beach house there which they let family members use for the lovely price of nothing. :-) Anyways, in preparation of being at the beach for several days with no television, no computer, no real forms of entertainment besides looking at the glorious ocean and visiting gift shops in the vary quaint "old town" district, Nick and I decided to pick up a couple of books from St. Vincent DePauls. I decided to dedicate that weekend to Sula by Toni Morrison.


However, this post is about another book that I picked up during that trip: Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman. I finally started reading it a few days ago and despite only being on chapter six, I'm on pins and needles wondering what is going to happen next. It's one of those amazing books that you know has the power to break your heart. I've started reading it at the most appropriate time, too. Despite being the middle of summer, the weather for the past week has been rainy and cold with a constant gray haze very reminiscent of fall...which perfectly suits the tortured love story. Anyways, I'm going to cut this blog short so that I can read another chapter.


No comments:

Post a Comment